Welcome to the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) of New Zealand's online payment website.
Thank you for opting to pay your medical certification application fee and other licences and certificates online. Payment can be made by Mastercard, Visa, or internet banking using POLi (see links for further information on POLi). When you complete your online payment, a payment confirmation email will be sent to your email address.
Note Regarding Licensing & Aircraft Registration Application Payments:
- You will need to complete and submit the relevant application form and with a copy of your online payment receipt. Click here to download the required application form.
- Payment is required prior to processing applications.
- Receipt number must be entered on application.
- Please allow 10 working days from date of licence or aircraft registration application being received at CAA for processing.
- Please select one product per transaction (i.e. each product or aircraft must be paid separately). Please note a product can include multiple product items.
The following products/fees are available for online payment:
Part 47 lays out the requirements for the registration and marking of aircraft, which manages aircraft entry in to, or exit from, the NZ civil aviation system. Active New Zealand aircraft, with some exceptions, must be registered before they can fly.
Part 61 - Pilot Licences and Ratings
Part 61 prescribes rules relating to the requirements for the issue and holding of pilot licences and ratings, and student pilots. This includes the conditions, privileges, and limitations associated with those licences and ratings, and student pilots.
Part 65 - Air Traffic Services Personnel Licences and Ratings
Part 65 lays out what someone needs to do to hold an air traffic service licence, and ratings; what the licence and ratings allow them to do, and what they won’t allow them to do.
Part 66 - Aircraft Maintenance Personnel Licences
Part 66 lays out the rules applying to people who want to do aircraft maintenance, airworthiness inspections, and certification in New Zealand.
Part 67 - Medical Certificate Application Fee
- The medical certificate application fee must be paid before your medical examination.
- CAA does not require a payment for NZTA DL9 Medical Certificates
- The medical certificate application fee is not refundable.
- Your Medical Examiner will require the receipt number at the time of booking your medical examination appointment. NB: Your receipt will be emailed to you following payment .
- If you are living overseas, GST may be excluded from the transaction (see link on International tax residency).
- Nominate a CAA medical examiner (see link for list of CAA medical examiners).
- Please supply your CAA participant number. If you do not have a CAA participant number, your medical examiner will apply for one.
Part 102 - Unmanned Aircraft Operator Certification
- Part 102 prescribes the requirements for the certification of unmanned aircraft.
- For initial issue certification, payment of a two hour upfront fee is required.
- We don't require an advance payment for a renewal certification.
- Please supply your CAA participant number. If you do not have a CAA participant number, CAA will allocate one when the application is received.
Pilot Licences under Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Act (TTMRA)
Under the Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Act 1997 (TTMRA), holders of a current Australian commercial pilot licence or airline transport pilot licence can apply for an equivalent New Zealand licence. Click here for more information.
Recognition of Foreign Licences
Recognition of foreign pilot licences - holders of a current foreign pilot licence can apply for an equivalent New Zealand licence. Click here for more information.
Registration and payment for educational workshops.
Application for replacement licence.
See Civil Aviation Charges Regulations (No2) 1991 for a complete list of CAA fees and charges.
If you wish to continue:
- CAA Website
- COVID-19 information
Medical certificate application form (use this if you would rather post payment than complete online)
International tax residency
Information from IRD
Pilot Licences and Ratings
CAA Rule Part 61
Air Traffic Services Personnel Licences and Ratings
CAA Rule Part 65
Aircraft Maintenance Personnel Licences
CAA Rule Part 66
Unmanned Aircraft Operator Certification
CAA Rule Part 102
Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Act (TTMRA)
Recognising Foreign Pilot Licences
Aircraft Registration and Marking
Rule Part 47 details